The Aubrey & Marla Dan Foundation (AMDF) is a growing family foundation with three trustees and a full-time executive director. AMDF works primarily in Ontario and Israel.
We believe that stewardship and creativity are vital to building a response to entrenched social problems. With extensive experience both in the performing arts, business management and investment sectors, AMDF is committed to helping select organizations build strength and capacity in creative and impactful ways.
AMDF aims to support individuals to have meaningful, engaged and healthy lives through community programs, healthcare and education. We are committed to improving quality of care for individuals with mental health challenges and disabilities. Our goal is to help provide and promote resources and services that create innovative ways to break down access and knowledge barriers to standard and quality healthcare.
This position reports to the Executive Director (ED).
- Support the ED with research and diligence on organizations applying for grants and communications with grantees;
- Help to oversee internal donations processes including donations management, record keeping, and reporting;
- Launch and manage SmartSimple software package to integrate several branches of charitable giving and to create cohesive user experience for applicants and foundation professionals;
- Monitor SmartSimple process and ensure software is keeping up with the foundation’s needs;
- Work alongside the ED to develop, prepare and assemble information for bi-monthly board of trustee’s meetings;
- Manage logistics for all meetings including, but not limited to, booking meeting rooms and setting up call in information, liaising with organizations and all parties involved, and setting up and arranging lunches;
- Attend all meetings where applicable and take meeting minutes;
- Manage moderate number of travel arrangements for the ED and others when traveling on foundation business; and
- Take on any other tasks as requested by the ED and trustees of the foundation.
The ideal candidate for this position has a college degree, at least one year of experience in administration, is someone with a knack for detail who has good analytic skills and has experience in research and administration. AMDF seeks a candidate with a positive attitude who wants to work in an office that focuses on social good.
- University or College Diploma
- Work experience with charitable organization preferred, not required.
- Knowledge in MS Office applications
- Experience with the charity software (SmartSimple) and the cloud-based file sharing software (Box.com) is a plus
- Ability to quickly and willingly adapt to evolving priorities and timelines
- Must possess high level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects
- Work well with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Superior written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-motivated team player with proven organizational and time-management skills, a high degree of poise, professionalism and diplomacy
Compensation for the role will range between CAD $40,000 to $50,000 annually plus bonus and benefits. Exact compensation will be determined by experience, education, and other skills. Candidates interested in this challenging opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Target Start Date: Monday, January 14th, 2019
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org