Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Vice President, Development
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEAM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature. Our vision is that within a generation, Canada will be a country of thriving, sustainable communities rooted in science, innovation and a deep connection to nature.
We are seeking a self-starting individual who is passionate about donor relations and administration to support Science World’s fundraising team. Reporting to the Vice President, Development, this position works with the entire Development team to ensure seamless and efficient organization across the Department. The Administrative Assistant will work as part of a dynamic team committed to helping donors meet their philanthropic goals. Our ideal candidate requires the ability to work collaboratively, handle multiple tasks, competing deadlines and a strong attention to detail to foster relationships with supporters of Science World.
- Provide a variety of administrative support to the Vice President, Development and the Development team across all activities
- Assist in the coordination the VP, Development’s calendar, travel and processing work-related expenses
- Meeting and volunteer committee support including: organizing meeting logistics, catering requirements, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, responding to questions, etc.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to maintain accurate donors information and tasks including but not limited to inputting of solicitor actions and reminders, linking and connecting records and households, gift agreement details
- Liaise with the Finance Team to track fundraising revenue and expenses and provide reporting documents
- Provide department event assistance including: attendance, management of registrations, event communications, fulfilling sponsorship packages, coordinating in-kind prize/silent auction donations, post-event tasks and on-site support
- Prepare information kits and presentations for donor or volunteer meetings
- Assist in the processing of mailings, including merging, printing and assembly of thank you letters, tax receipts, solicitation, and stewardship packages using Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Manage constituent lists for events, mailings and donor recognition
- Records management including filing, scanning and saving documents
- As requested, research information about prospects and prepare briefing notes and solicitation material
- Monitor Development’s office supply levels and coordinate office supply orders with Purchasing
- Perform other related duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business administration plus a minimum of 2 years administration experience; or an equivalent combination of education, knowledge and experience
- Experience in a similar non-profit environment and knowledge of fundraising is an asset
- Strong administrative skills demonstrated through supporting a diverse team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database
- Flexible hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors are a requirement for this position
Must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet assigned objectives by adapting and modifying the sequence of work to meet changing conditions and support multiple team members
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An established reputation for contributing to a positive work environment with professionalism and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a collaborative team member and establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Sound knowledge of grammar and the ability to compose clear and concise correspondence, notes and briefings
- Ability to exercise a high level of judgment, tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks -
Please apply by Sunday, February 24, 2019 via the Science World careers portal: http://scienceworld.ca/jobs
Please upload a cover letter, a copy of your resume and the contact information for three professional references as a part of your application.
* We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will commence on an on-going basis throughout the posting period *