This position is responsible for all aspects of the day to day administration of membership applications and annual renewals. This position is responsible for planning, implementation and evaluation of membership engagement, recruitment and retention strategies and ensuring that plans are aligned with the association’s mission and strategic plan. This position is responsive to member needs and concerns and ensures that the Executive Director/Registrar is fully informed of all current and emerging membership trends and issues.
The position reports directly into the Executive Director and Registrar.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar capacity and will be innovative, interested in making suggestions to improve the membership environment of members, enhance membership value and be creative in packaging and promoting membership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop goals and action plans with the Executive Director/Registrar for membership development, recruitment and retention strategies for Board approval
- Provide analysis of existing membership materials as well as membership retention rates and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop strategies for improving member benefit offerings, and increasing overall membership value.
- Work in tandum with ARIDO’s communication staff related to important membership information, email blasts, event announcements, awareness of member benefits, etc.
- Ensure membership increases annually, through your efforts, and that existing members maintain the high standards defined by the Association.
- Report accurate membership numbers for monthly Board meetings.
- Develop consistent mechanisms for providing excellent customer service to existing Members and relationship building with prospective members.
- Respond promptly to membership inquiries from prospective members, existing members, Board Directors, and others.
- Possess accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills are essential. Ability to respond to membership inquiries or complaints from members or potential members in a professional, positive and friendly way.
- Strong skills in business communications and report writing.
- Ability to speak effectively to potential members, existing members, the general public, students, and volunteers.
- Is professional and respectful when engaging and interacting with members regularly in a variety of contexts including phone, email and surveys to ensure membership satisfaction.
- Coordinates and attends school visits in the spring and fall, along with presents in-person to students currently enrolled in an Interior design program in Ontario, to promote early membership of young professionals.
- Is the staff lead for the following ARIDO committees: Membership, Best Practices, Intern Task Force and Residential Task Force. There may be additional committees as identified by the Board in the future.
- Manages and leads the Mentorship Program
Minimum five to eight years progressively responsible experience, related experience and preferably in a membership based association or regulatory body. Experience with a provincial regulatory body and/or experience with administering a foreign credential recognition program is considered an asset.
- Flexible attitude that is able to continually multi-task
- Enjoys working in a small intimate work team.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Broad knowledge of computer technologies and software, specifically CRM/databases
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Visionary, creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information and data.
- Ability to respect strict confidentiality and use discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize dynamic workload
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
post-secondary qualifications in Business, Administration or Marketing, and/or or the equivalent in experience and qualifications
Some travelling across Ontario is required for membership recruitment and events. A valid driver’s license is required.
This position is required to assist and work with other team members on events such as the Annual General Meeting and the annual Awards Gala.
Regulatory training will be provided with respects to ARIDO policies, procedures and regulations, the profession of Interior Design and the objectives of the position.
Please provide a cover letter and resume by clicking the email below.
If you have issues clicking the button please copy and paste this email address: email@example.com