Bilingual COMET - Data Analytics Specialist
Our Career Opportunity and Management Employment Training (COMET) is the exclusive award-winning, fast track training program of Applied Industrial Technologies for May/June 2024 Graduates and Alumni. In this full-time, permanent opportunity, you will learn about the business from the ground up and be part of an organization with a bright future.
Starting in September 2024, your training program will include 10 months of personalized training and coaching by managers and peers, many of whom started in the same program. You will receive products and technical training product training and soft skills training in sales, communications, operations, and customer service through one-on-one, small group, web based methods, and on-the-job training. We will introduce you to our fabrication shops, field installation teams, engineering and design teams, system automation specialists, sales and operations processes, technology, and strong company culture focused on customer satisfaction, personal mastery, and individual/team contributions.
We will work with the ideal candidate to find a start date that is mutually beneficial. That means you will not need to wait until September to start a successful career with Applied.
We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Bilingual COMET ASSOCIATE – Business Analytics Specialist at our Laval, QC location (flexible to consider other locations in Quebec or Ontario).
Reporting to the President, the COMET Associate – Business Analytics Specialist will be a foundational member of our Critical Asset Management team. You will be a key contributor in the execution of Applied’s Critical Asset Management strategy by working with both internal and external stakeholders to provide insights and optimize process related to data collected through Applied’s overall business activities.
- Full participation in COMET program.
- Creation and deployment of the Business Analytics Specialist function/role within the critical asset management group.
- Responsible for designing, creating, maintaining, and executing the business analytics processes related to critical assets sold to customers within Applied Canada Service Centers.
- Perform regular execution of data mining, importing, exporting, dashboarding, report distribution, validation of our multi-year SAP data.
- Extract critical assets information and collect metadata as well as technical documentation in collaboration with our preferred suppliers.
- Engage and work with product management, marketing, sales, suppliers, and other 3rd-party partners to provide support as required with Business Intelligence, Data Science and Organizational Learning.
- Assist the Director – Critical Asset Management and/or the President with monthly and quarterly business review processes.
- Prepare and present results of analysis and reports along with their relative impact to the business across all levels.
- Participate in the determination and execution of the Portal Administration/Document Control function/role within the critical asset management group.
- Contribute and participate as required in any other business analytics or special projects regardless of the functional area.
Preference will be given to individuals with the following qualifications:
- Bilingual; French & English
- New or Recent graduate, holding a Diploma or Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Excellent electronic and written communication skills and verbal presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, unpredictable workloads and projects under tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and Service oriented
- Results oriented, attention to detail, and good time management skills
- Potential and motivation to fill leadership roles in the future
You will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. We encourage you to contribute fresh new ideas. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities
- Health, vision, and dental coverage, RRSP w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for development
- Company supported community involvement opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic prohibited by law.