Director of Early Learning and Family Programs
The Director of Early Learning and Family Programs will provide the strategic leadership for the development and management of programs for young children and their families. Of particular focus are activities to foster the support and inclusion of vulnerable children and families-building on our work
with Indigenous, newcomer and special needs children.
As a leader of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House, the ideal candidate will have knowledge about Neighbourhood House work. Included in this position will be all areas of management (financial, fund development, administration, human resource, marketing and communication), licensed childcare and community leadership. Information about our programs can be found at cedarcottage.org.
- A minimum of three - five years of relevant experience at a senior level; in a non-profit organization
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Education, Child and Youth Care, Family Studies or in a related field. A suitable combination of related education and experience may be accepted.
- Extensive knowledge about the community, licensed child care, early learning, family programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership ability to guide and motivate staff and volunteers
- Strong skills in program management and development, administration, HR and financial management
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to write grants, manage projects and develop ideas to address emerging issues
- Able to work with diverse populations in a multicultural context. Must have knowledge about best practices to support Indigenous
Resumes to: Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House, 4065 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 4M9
Closing Date: February 22nd, 2019
Hourly Wage: ANHBC Director I Level ($30.29 – $35.83)
Terms of Employment: 35 Hours per week
Job Description: Available upon request
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer
Must be eligible to work in Canada
Programs at Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House are funded by:
City of Vancouver, Province of BC, CAPC, MCFD, Government of Canada, United Way, VCH, Vancouver Foundation