Associate, Business Development and Client Services
Do you believe in a just world that is transformed through philanthropy and equity? Do you want to engage in challenging and collaborative non-profit work that aligns with your core beliefs? Is a flexible working environment and a diverse creative team a priority for your next role?
AgentsC is seeking to expand our small team of experts by recruiting an Associate of Business Development and Client Services. This important role is responsible for elevating AgentsC’s profile in the non-profit sector by delivering first-class customer-oriented services and attracting new and potential clients. This is a challenging role that draws on a range of skills and insights while also equipping the postholder with phenomenal opportunities for social impact, business development, fundraising solutions and client care.
As an applicant, you are seeking a full-time, 12-month renewable contract position based near downtown Toronto in a dynamic shared workspace. Your salary expectations are between $45,000 and $55,000 per year, as well as four weeks holiday. You are able to work occasional weekends and late hours.
Business Development (40%):
- Lead AgentsC’s client development strategy
- Develop strategies for attracting new clients and engaging existing clients
- Develop effective CRM systems and processes
- Draft and manage AgentsC’s communications calendar
- Coordinate and attend new client engagement meetings
- Prepare slide presentations, proposals, and project briefs
- Conduct research and prepare profiles and meeting briefs, as required
- Develop and cultivate relationships with non-profit networks and partners
- Raise the profile and visibility of AgentsC’s work amongst various audiences—partnering organizations, non-profit experts and networks, and existing and potential clients
- Develop AgentsC’s marketing and communications capabilities, including a client engagement plan
- Support the process of creating thought leadership articles
- Contribute to strategy for the marketing of fundraising plans, including donor communications and engagement, digital conversion, corporate sponsorships, events, social media engagement, and online fundraising
- Partner with client teams to drive successful implementation of marketing strategy
- Project manage complex client work and maintain and develop partnerships with nonprofit and private sector partners
- Conduct research and co-ordinate social Impact programs, projects, and partnerships
- Work with AgentsC colleagues to develop innovative ways to address social issues on a local and global scale
- Develop high quality and effective client solutions ranging from: data analytics, fundraising strategies, philanthropic counsel, case for support and proposal
- Provide support in the areas of meeting logistics, organizing conference calls, agendas, correspondence, presentation materials, and follow-up documents. Attend meetings as required, prepare minutes for action items, and ensure completion of action and follow-up items
- Personal commitment to the values of philanthropy, social change, and equity
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in business acquisition and marketing, preferably with an appreciation for non-profit organizations
- Experience in developing and implementing internal and external strategic communication plans and campaigns to support branding
- A post-secondary degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Strong passion and strategic understanding of marketing and social media technologies, uses, and best practices
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking with knowledge and ability to gather, interpret and apply non-profit best practices and trends
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, intuitive, empathetic, listening leadership, and project management skills
- Skilled in audience segmentation, targeting, various email platforms, and setting up automated marketing communication
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, or other statistical software to support metrics and reporting
- Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software, and with project management and CRM platforms, such as Asana, HubSpot, Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
AgentsC believes in the power of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) as essential virtues that drive our equity philanthropy agenda. We are committed to building a diverse team of high-calibre experts. We are audacious in achieving success for our clients and ourselves, and welcome the talents of people with unique backgrounds and skill sets.
Collaboration: We work together to help those who are in greatest need of assistance.
Imagination: We continuously work to translate our dreams for a better world into reality.
Ideation: We harness mind, body, and soul to achieve the greatest impact.
How to Apply
Suitable cnadidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating their professional experience and reasons why they wish to join the AgentsC team.