Regional Engagement Assistant
Regional Engagement Assistant (based in Vancouver)
Are you looking to apply your professional skills to make a positive social impact? Do you have a knack for building lasting relationships with various stakeholders? Are you seeking a dynamic and collaborative career opportunity?
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is a non-profit international development agency, working in Asia and Africa to find sustainable solutions to the complex problems causing global poverty. AKFC concentrates on a number of specific development challenges in health, education, rural development and civil society. In Canada, AKFC raises funds, builds partnerships with Canadian institutions, and promotes discussion and learning on international development issues. Established in 1980, AKFC is a registered Canadian charity and an agency of the worldwide Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
AKFC is seeking an early-career Regional Engagement Assistant to join its Resource Development Team in Vancouver. This important position is an account and relationship management role that ensures the retention and growth of fundraising revenue, with a focus on workplace teams and corporate giving. This is a dynamic and collaborative position that entails corporate stakeholder engagement, resource development and volunteer engagement.
Relationship & Account Management
- Manage relationships with assigned corporate accounts, including research, regular communication, delivering presentations on the World Partnership Walk (WPW) and the work of Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC), and other related tasks, to drive participation and productivity for the World Partnership Walk campaign.
- Update Corporate Engagement database and spreadsheets on a regular basis
- Participate in regularly scheduled AKFC staff meetings to provide updates on status of assigned accounts and volunteer interactions.
Corporate Engagement Support
- Support Manager of Corporate Engagement, as required, with broader corporate engagement activities (example: sponsor activation, sponsor fulfillment, corporate networking events, etc.)
- Support Manager of Corporate Engagement to identify and leverage regional corporate matching donations and volunteer grant opportunities
Resource Development & Volunteer Engagement
- Support Corporate Engagement volunteers by ensuring they have access to tools and resources that will enable their success in growing participation and fundraising dollars from corporations as well as workplace teams.
- Support, as deemed necessary, the delivery of presentations to assigned school and university/college teams
- Attend volunteer-led Corporate Engagement meetings to obtain updates on the status of accounts, challenges and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in stakeholder engagement, sales and/or fundraising (with a focus on the corporate sector). Interest in international development is an asset.
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to understand and respond to various levels of expectations from diverse stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ambitious and approaches tasks with a sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude, and sound judgment
- Superb written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility in the workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Google Drive
- Some evening and evening meetings/work required
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence is required, and access to a vehicle an asset
This is a full-time contract position. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume by December 31, 2018 via email to email@example.com with subject line, "Regional Engagement Assistant (Vancouver)". Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.akfc.ca
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.