Program Coordinator, Health
Program Coordinator, Health
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is a non-profit international development agency, working in Asia and Africa to find sustainable solutions to the complex problems causing global poverty. AKFC concentrates on a number of specific development challenges in health, education, rural development and civil society. In Canada, AKFC raises funds, builds partnerships with Canadian institutions, and promotes discussion and learning on international development issues. Established in 1980, AKFC is a registered Canadian charity and an agency of the worldwide Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
AKFC is seeking a Program Coordinator, Health to join its Program Team in Ottawa. This is an important position that works exclusively on supporting health sector projects. Specific tasks will include but are not limited to: drafting/editing/analyzing narrative progress reports, project work plans, project concepts/proposals, briefs, communication pieces etc. as assigned by the team; reviewing financial reports; conducting background research; taking minutes of meetings; liaising with and managing consultants, and administrative and logistical tasks as assigned. The Program Coordinator, Health will contribute to AKFC’s operations, supporting the health team in the following areas:
- Program Operation (50%): assist the health team with the operational matters, including arranging meetings and events, taking minutes of meetings, hiring consultants, processing consultants invoices, writing internal memos, and engaging finance, public engagement and resource development teams to facilitate inter-departmental collaboration.
- Grant management (20%): assist in managing assigned projects; assessing partner needs; coordinating human and financial inputs; building and maintaining relationships with Canadian and field partners; and supporting health project-related reporting and accountability requirements;
- Program development (20%): assist in identifying opportunities for new programs; contributing to concept papers, proposals and responsive bids for new programs; liaising with field and Canadian partners on program development;
- Program/policy analysis, M&E and learning (10%): assist in designing and implementing strategies and initiatives to monitor and evaluate projects and programs; developing and implementing learning agendas to inform programs and practices including writing summaries of lessons learned; and supporting public engagement events and communication products to engage Canadian audiences on issues related to international development assistance.
The Program Coordinator, Health will report to the AKFC Senior Program Manager, Health.
Your Qualifications and Attributes
- Master’s Degree in Health, Public Health, Global Health and/or other relevant disciplines.
- Two years relevant experience in Canada or overseas.
- Must be adept with standard technical and computer tools commonly used in office applications, including Microsoft Office Programs and Skype.
- The incumbent must have proven analytical and writing skills.
- Must exhibit sound interpersonal skills and the proven ability to communicate articulately, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have good time management skills, ability to manage projects and prioritize tasks effectively with the ingenuity to take initiative and apply well-informed judgement to situations.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and to work on various projects at once, and deal with change.
- The incumbent must exhibit knowledge of international development or health sector.
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and ability to adapt professional skills to fit local conditions and constraints.
- Dynamic, collaborative, able to work in challenging contexts with patience, perseverance and flexibility.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an important asset for this position. Candidates with these language skills will be prioritized.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references by October 26, 2018 via email to email@example.com with subject line, "Program Coordinator, Health". Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.akfc.ca
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.