Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is a non-profit international development agency, working in Asia and Africa to find sustainable solutions to the complex problems causing global poverty. AKFC concentrates on a number of specific development challenges in health, education, rural development and civil society. In Canada, AKFC raises funds, builds partnerships with Canadian institutions, and promotes discussion and learning on international development issues. Established in 1980, AKFC is a registered Canadian charity and an agency of the worldwide Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
The Donor Relations Coordinator will provide specialized support for donor services and donor dialogue with emphasis on developing templates for various database reports, reviewing and improving existing departmental processes and proposing efficient data management procedures. The incumbent will also support in solving donor and volunteer queries, data enrichment and integrity; verification of data; and data entry.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of proficiency working with database systems, advanced data analysis, maintaining data in sync within various databases and having a thorough understanding of how data supports fundraising environments.
This is a full time position two year term contract which requires excellent communication and customer service skills, well developed attention to detail, organizational skills, dedication, focus, and responsible time management. The ideal candidate will be diligent and accurate throughout the process, and carry out his/her responsibilities with maturity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop standard templates for various reports
- Review departmental procedures especially those tied to gift processing and reporting
- Handle inquiries from donors related to donations, tax receipting and donor updates
- Perform accurate data entry and tracking of gifts using Raiser’s Edge
- Undertake tasks requiring advanced data analysis (including formulas, pivot tables etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to a variety of stakeholders in person and by phone (volunteers, summer staff, donors, general public)
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge database
- Prepare queries and reports as requested
- Reconcile gift records and reports
- Issue tax receipts for gifts meeting CRA tax receipting guidelines
- Ensure mailing of acknowledgement letters and receipts on a timely basis
- Provide administrative support in filing, photo-copying, faxing, scanning, preparation of mailings, supply inventory, event support, courier packages and other usual office duties
- Undertake special projects under the direction of the department manager
Qualifications and personal characteristics
- University degree in a related field with 1-2 years relevant working experience
- Advance level computer skills in Microsoft Word, MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Crystal Reports
- Working experience with relational databases, and creating SQL queries
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online will be an added advantage
- Understanding of peer to peer fundraising practices will be an added advantage
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency donation tax receipting rules and guidelines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Analytical and focused with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Occasionally available to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Donor Relations Coordinator
Deadline for submissions: March 4, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.