Entry Level Planner
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Planner for employment in the GTA area - namely in either the Guelph, Mississauga or Markham offices.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and online programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support planning studies and reports for new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
- Prepares and present detailed reports on development proposals to government bodies.
- Collect a variety of statistical data and prepares reports and maps on topics, such as census information, land use, transportation tax base data and occupancy rates.
- Coordinates community review of public and private development projects.
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer issues.
- Bachelors degree or diploma in communications, public relations, planning or business
- Knowledge of communications/community engagement to support change, including large infrastructure development, planning projects or organizational management and redesign
- Strong writing and presentation abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills and familiarity with computer applications (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with the public and other varied stakeholders
- Master's degree in communications, public relations, planning or business
- Familiarity with InDesign and design packages is an asset.
- IAP2 certification is an asset
- Experience engaging with Aboriginal communities is an asset
- Familiarity with the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act and the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act is an asset
Bilingual (English and French) an asset
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Requisition/Vacancy No. 204206BR
Additional Locations CA - Guelph, ON - 55 Wyndham St N, CA - Mississauga, ON - 5080 Commerce Blvd
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.