Accounts Receivable Specialist
Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis see our website at www.advocis.ca.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Finance, the Accounts Receivable Specialist position is responsible for processing accounts receivable billings in an accurate and timely manner. The incumbent is responsible for various accounting responsibilities as outlined.
- Record and reconcile all daily deposits
- Prepare 3rd party billings as required
- Prepare month end sub ledger to general ledger reconciliations and resolve un-reconciled differences
- Review accounts receivable sub ledger and ensure timely collection of outstanding invoices
- Process and monitor Monthly PAP payments
- Process refund requests as required
- Prepare monthly AR reports
- Process monthly journal entries to the general ledger
- Maintain and reconcile Fixed Asset Sub-ledger
- Liaise with external suppliers/auditors as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director, Finance
- University degree (preferably Business related)
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- Enrolled in the CPA accounting program
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access and Word applications
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics GP Accounting software an asset
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday October 26, 2018.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.