Sr. Analyst II Technical Support Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Senior Analyst Technical Support II is the primary source of Tier 2 computer and other technology support for Company Associates and may assist external clients with access to Company systems. Support largely includes remote, phone, and web-based helpdesk support, as well as some in-person support of associates in the Senior Technology Support Analyst’s assigned office. This is a Tier 2 technical support position. The Senior Technical Support Analyst I is expected to have advanced troubleshooting skills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Systems Maintenance, Management, and Repair
- Maintain a high customer service level through assisting end users (both internal and external) with systems, software applications, and other technical-related issues. Good communication skills, a positive personality, patience, outstanding customer service skills, and a willingness to learn are a must.
- Assist internal and external customers remotely over the phone, through email, and other communications media. Use remote desktop support software to view and interact with the remote user’s computer or mobile device.
- Repair/install/maintain PC and mobile device hardware and software as needed to ensure user productivity.
- Engage in in-depth research on technical issues to assist Associates, external customers, and other Technical Support Analysts.
- Ensure PC communication and connectivity to LAN/WAN, including connectivity to servers, printers, and the Internet.
- Enter and manage helpdesk tickets to document work for all services provided.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Information Systems
-3-5 years of experience in:
- Customer service
- A+ certification is required
- Network+ certification is a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced level knowledge of PC software applications and strong understanding of PC operating systems.
- Experience with a phone support and helpdesk environment.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Knowledge of the following communication and connectivity systems required: Microsoft TCP/IP, networking protocols, network printing / printer troubleshooting, file sharing, Internet application connectivity
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.