Part Time Brand Ambassador Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Brand Ambassador generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotion. The individual will interact with consumers, clients, customers, and is responsible for understanding and implementing promotional techniques. This position will perform a wide range of activities ranging from brand promotion, training, product merchandising, and selling of products and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Awareness & Sales
- Create brand awareness and positive impressions of the product by engaging consumers through sampling/distributing product and demonstrating product features.
- Interaction with consumers through sampling/distributing products and creating brand awareness and positive impressions.
- Responsible for ensuring brand talking points are communicated effectively with consumers.
- Seek sales opportunities in departments throughout the store and other venues to maximize sales and sales of related attachments.
Event Set-up and Breakdown
- Responsible for event set-up, sampling, and program breakdown.
- Ensure demonstration area is clean, organized, and correctly set up according to the instructions provided.
- Communicate pro-actively with event Supervisor.
- Accurately complete and timely submit HR paperwork and reports online; call reports, expense reports (if applicable), training certification quizzes, etc... Participate in mandatory on-line training and conference calls (paid).
- Attends initial training via on-line and conference call (specific date still TBD) as well as possible ongoing monthly product training, team meetings, client trainings, etc… (Paid) as a requirement.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to make oral presentations
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.