Full Time Retail Sales Representative
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Representative (RSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territory through effective fact-based selling and relationship building with retail account’s operations personnel at store and market (district) level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores and markets
- Delivering consistent market level contact as per client standards
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client brands. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
- Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned stores and markets
- Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
- Analyze and develop business plans each trimester that identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory. This business plan would include a review of the previous trimester, analysis of upcoming POS to plan goals, opportunities to close gaps, an action plan with specific territory goals and time table.
Organizing and Planning
- Follow team sales call standards and effectively orchestrate a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and the retail customer.
- Administration/Reporting- complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
- (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- (Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).