Customer Account Manager Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Customer Account Manager is responsible for increasing sales, creating and executing customer business plans, identifying key opportunities and optimizing trade spending to the Company clients at assigned customers. This position has responsibility for managing the day to day interaction with specific customers to drive customer /client sales. Also serves as the customer’s primary point of contact on client specific opportunities and / or issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the business (assortment, shelving, promotions, merchandising & pricing)
- On-going interaction with key customers (face to face, phone or e-mail)
- Develop annual business plans with key customers fully aligned with client expectations
- Present all new products and line extensions using client data and support material
- Provide on-going opportunities to further increase sales or to close gaps versus plan
- Effectively manage trade spending funds to budget while maximizing profitability
- Complete all administrative tasks such as forecasting, deductions, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
Travel up to 30%
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
3-5 years of experience in sales (preferably in Food or CPG)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have proven successful track record at delivering consistent business results
- Strong commercial sense and industry knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-management and organizational skills
- Creative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to “think on one’s feet” and make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Negotiating skills
- Leadership and emotional maturity
- Focused on value added selling
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.