CDS Field Leader CAN
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of operational responsibilities for the organization, including project planning, management, execution, managing a budget, profit and loss responsibility, and using activity-based costing.
- Support the maintenance and ongoing development of corporate governance framework, policies and procedures.
- Manage financial goals of assigned regions. Use analytics to assess ways to improve financial position. Review operational standing of assigned regions to identify areas of opportunity for increased profit margin.
- Collaborate with the VP of Operations to evaluate various event performance metrics, including execution rates, sales performance, labor hours and operational costs and make adjustments as necessary.
- Achieve defined revenue and net income objectives through sales activation, strategy and expense management.
- Optimize customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Supervising Skills, to include Delegating Responsibility, Training, & Evaluating Performance
- Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
- Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
- Ability to Gather Data, Compile Information, & Prepare Reports
- Decision Making Skills
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- Food Safety Certification required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 10 kg, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.