Directeur du développement des affaires/Business Development Manager
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Business Development Manager manages sales programs and strategic planning initiatives within a specific department of the business to ensure sales targets are met. This role may be dedicated to servicing one significant client or responsible for multiple client’s goals and encompassing customer relations and implementation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue Budget Achievement
- Achieve P&L targets; manage business for each client(s) assigned
- Implement marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals
- Own and drive revenue growth; identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities
Client Quota Achievement
- Meet and/or exceed Client’s goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving and promotional volume
- Identify and provide services to support the “Customer as Clients”
- Develop and launch strategies to pursue new opportunities
Client Key Performance Indicators Achievement
- Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional funds to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines
- Identify opportunities and close white space within the market
- Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key positions at retailer
Department Business Management
- Organize business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships
- Assist team to navigate in the larger Company organization to align needed resources and support to ensure specific client and/or customer initiative success
- Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all Client meetings and reviews
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 40%
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
2-5 years of relative work experience in applicable field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven track record in sales
- Strong sales presentation/development skills
- Working knowledge of syndicated data
Forecasts, sets objectives, anticipates, structures tasks and establishes priorities
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Strong sales presentation development skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal
- Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.