Manager, Services Peel Region
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 32,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Manager, Services Peel Region position is responsible for supporting the Director of Services, Peel Region with the oversite of a portfolio of programs and services, consisting primarily of bridging programs. Working closely with a team of Project Managers, the main responsibilities for the Manager, Services Peel Region role, is to support: project/program administration; budget management; service delivery improvement; program development; standardization of practices; contract administration; invoice processing; and, program reporting. In ensuring the overall coordination and administration of programs, the incumbent will ensure that all project outcomes and deliverables are completed in a timely manner and with the proper administration of resources available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Services, Peel Region to administer multiple projects
- Provide project support to a portfolio of sector specific bridging programs and occasionally other employment programs
- Coordinate the development and delivery of all project components, including supporting contracting processes with suppliers (e.g. evaluation, procurement, data management, invoicing, etc.)
- Assist in overall global budget management, including forecasting over and under expenditures and ensuring line item reallocation and corresponding expenditures in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan, report, and ensure overall administration and support necessary to achieve forecasted project outcomes
- Conduct file audits to ensure proper documentation
- Oversee consolidation, development and evaluation of programs and ensure program compliance with funders guidelines and targets
- Proofread and edit reports, presentations & statistics
- Follow procedures established to protect worker health and safety
- Other duties as assigned including support of site functions/activities, staff supervision and evening shift rotation as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree
- Previous experience and/or education in program or project management
- Over 3 years of related work experience; includes 1-3 years of supervisory experience and program or project management
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector with understanding of managing funder relationships and organizational priorities
- Financial acumen including knowledge or experience with budget analysis and administration
- Knowledge of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals
- Project Management (PMP) designation, or in progress, is considered an asset
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience as an open communicator and collaborative decision maker
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with clients, employers, community partners, service providers and funders
- Proven ability to coach others with a strong aptitude to instill trust and establish rapport
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Experience and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Ability to travel between project/program delivery locations and/or partner and employer organizations, or as needed.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This position will be posted until it are filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be considered.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.