Employer Liaison - Bilingual (French/English)
1 Year Contract Position– with possibility of extension
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 32,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients. The individual in this position works with the ACCES Employment Consulting team, and will work closely with all community partner agencies and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job
- Sector specific knowledge is an asset (HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Finance)
- Knowledge of/familiarity working with key stakeholders and experience in a bilingual (English/French) employment environment is an asset
- Knowledge of francophone community partner agencies and employers recruiting bilingual candidates’ is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a requirement
Job status: Unionized
$51,930.92 per annum, prorated to contract duration
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This position will be posted until they are filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be considered.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.