Director of Services - Peel Region
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. we deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 job seekers each year, ACCES Employment delivers customized programs that focus on connecting out clients lead leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for an experienced leader who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES Employment offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Services and Program Development, the position of Director, Services Peel Region is responsible for ensuring the overall functioning of ACCES Employment sector specific programs and services. The position will be housed out of our ACCES-Mississauga location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the SVP Services & Program Development to deliver and evaluate a series of sector-specific bridging programs
- Manage the reporting of bridging program results, ensuring outcomes are consistent with funder contractual obligations
- Collaborate with Corporate Engagement to align collective efforts in the areas of: industry advisories; alumni engagement; and experiential learning
- Oversee contracting processes with vendors (e.g. evaluation, procurement, data management, invoicing, etc.)
- Oversee global budget management, including forecasting over and under expenditures and ensuring line item reallocation and corresponding expenditures in a timely and efficient manner
- Assume a lead role in identifying and incorporating program enhancements and subsequently coordinating stakeholder engagement and follow through
- Work in collaboration with the program administration team and program/project managers to establish consistent guidelines, standards, statistical and financial tracking for successful project outcomes and effective integration across all programs and services
- Provide programmatic leadership to the management team, identifying opportunities to maximize productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of integrated programs and services in the organization
- Assume direct leadership of project teams as assigned
- Support the organization in the development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- University Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience; prior management experience
- Proven success in the area of program implementation and experience in proposal development is an asset
- In-depth understanding of strategic priorities specific to provincially and federally funded employment programs for New Canadians
- Demonstrated success in fostering and developing cohesiveness and productivity amongst management teams
- Demonstrated experience as a professional who is results oriented, customer focused, team player, adaptable, innovative, takes initiative, is an open and effective communicator and values diversity
- Demonstrated leadership experience as an open communicator, collaborative decision maker, creative and innovative thinker, and agile and flexible champion of change
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with employers, community partners, funders and service providers
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to coach and lead others with a strong aptitude to instill trust and establish rapport
- Proven strength in human resources areas such as performance management, team leadership, and staff coaching/mentoring etc.
- Experience and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations or as required
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
On or before November 23, 2018
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This position will be posted until they are filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.