Coordinator, Programs & Services
Coordinator, Programs & Services – Toronto
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 32,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Manager, Services & Program Administration, the Coordinator, Programs & Services, plays an integral role in coordinating and maintaining the program outcomes and providing data management support. This position provides support to the site team, and liaises with program managers/coordinators, to help them achieve and/or exceed all program targets and outcomes in each ACCES site.
The Coordinator also provides assistance to Youth Job Connections and the administrative team to support employer outreach and facilitate the creation of job opportunities and placements for ACCES clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination, Supervision and Program Support:
- In consultation with Manager, Services and Program Administration, provides direction, supervision and support to team members in the areas of case-management, documentation standards and compliance – including service and training plan development, contracts, placement approvals, processing invoices and problem solving
- Responsible for scheduling of staff and program activities, including job fairs, workshops and special events
- Provides support to the overall activities of the site teams, including coordination of services between agency sites
- Supports the job developers and site teams in developing and implementing employer events, and other strategies to build relationships between ACCES and employers to create employment opportunities/placements for ACCES clients
- In consultation with the Manager, Services and Program Administration, is responsible for conducting orientation and training of new staff
- Support Client Service Excellence for client inquiries and feedback
- Liaise with partner organization on coordinating joint events and activities
- Support the site manager to supervise the site staff as directed
Reporting and Data Management:
- Support the Manager, Employment Services in reviewing intakes and exits and other requirements as needed
- Reports on program activities and makes recommendations to the Manager, Services & Program Administration regarding strategies and activities to improve program administration efficiency and effectiveness; supports implementation of recommended strategies to help ensure program targets are met and/or exceeded
- Assists with updating monthly progress reports
- Contributes to compiling current labor market information and resources for ACCES’ management, counseling and job development staff, to stay current on labour market trends
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting the site functions
Qualifications and Experience:
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Post-Secondary Degree or diploma in a related field (I.e. Human Services)
- At least three years of related work experience
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse environment, interacting with clients, employers, community partners and service providers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to analyse and assess training and development needs
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proficient in Data Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations or as needed
- Experience in Youth Programs and Services is an asset
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By email: email@example.com
(Please note, we will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted)
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org