Coordinator, Administration & Executive Support
Coordinator, Administration & Executive Support
East Region (Scarborough, North York, & Markham)
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Services & Business Development, the Coordinator, Administration & Executive Support, works closely and confidentially with the SVP, Directors, and Site Managers in the East Region and is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the administrative functions in the ACCES East Region offices. Responsibilities also include executive support to the SVP, Services & Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with SVP - Key Responsibilities:
- As part of the management team at ACCES this position will work closely and confidentially with members of the leadership team, providing key executive support to the SVP, Services and Business Development. The Coordinator will also provide assistance with coordinating daily operations, planning, scheduling and site administration for Scarborough, North York and Markham locations.
- Functions as the primary point of contact on internal and external communications for the Regional SVP, Services and Business Development.
- Acts as the lead in preparing and supporting the Regional SVP’s meetings, events, etc.,
- Composes correspondences and other documents for the SVP. Ensures the completion of administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manages the calendar of the SVP which includes prioritizing projects, scheduling meetings, establishing suitable venues, preparing meeting materials, arranging catering and any related logistics.
- Arranges travel accommodations, registration for conferences/seminars and relevant materials for the SVP and for the SVP’s team, if required.
- Liaises with the Executive Assistant and Regional Coordinators of Administration and Executive Support in regards to coordinating activities amongst the executive team, which includes President & CEO, COO and other SVPs.
- Other duties as assigned (with work across all areas of responsibility).
- Work with Operational and Site Managers, East Region Key Responsibilities:
- Liaises with Central Administration Procurement team, negotiate with contractors and/or suppliers to ensure smooth functioning of facilities (i.e. maintenance contractors, cleaning personnel, general repair, alarm system, HVAC, etc.).
- Liaises with Site Mangers of Scarborough, North York and Markham offices to assist with daily operations, sets-up and arranges all internal site activities, including room bookings, staff training, and other events.
- Liaises with Property Management Companies for Scarborough, North York and Markham sites and ensures smooth functioning of ACCES facilities so that they address operational needs.
- Liaise with Central Administration Procurement regarding ‘requests for purchasing of office supplies’ and other required supplies/furniture/equipment, etc.
- Liaise with the IT Department to ensure smooth functioning of facilities including telephone, internet, computers, photocopiers etc.
- Maintain required financial and administrative archives and filing systems, including administering and reconciling of petty cash for the Scarborough, North York and Markham offices.
- Ensure procurement compliance with the organization’s Finance and Administration Policy, internal controls, By-law, the Broader Public Sector (BPS) Act, 2010, and supporting policies, protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the goals of fair, open and transparent procurement opportunities and best procurement practices.
- Enforce procedures established to protect worker health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned including support of site functions/activities and staff supervision as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High level of professionalism and adaptability to deal with frequent changes and business demands.
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum 5 years work related experience supporting SVP level positions.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency working in an MS Office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships and effectively represent the SVP’s office in a professional and diplomatic manner with all levels in the organization and with community partners, funders and service providers.
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Results oriented and customer focused team player.
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, possess good judgment and have a sense of urgency.
- Previous experience working in the ‘not for profit’ sector and working with a diverse community is an asset.
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations as required.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Handles special projects and senior level accountabilities; requires higher levels of expertise and knowledge gained from over 5 years related work experience.
Job Application Instructions
- Interested persons should send in their resume with a cover letter indicating in the subject line the position of interest. Address the application to ACCES Employment Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the email please let us know where you learned about this opportunity (e.g., LinkedIn, Charity Village, ACCES Employee Referral).
- You may check out other employment opportunities on our website at http://accesemployment.ca/about-us/career-opportunities including our ACCES Talent Pipeline Event for future hires.
(Please note, we will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted)
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.