Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus?
Our survey of campus recruitment professionals showed that 75% of them will attend zero-to-5 on-campus career fairs this year, and perhaps one of the reasons for that is employers are realizing that the majority of students do not attend them.
The results of a recent TalentEgg.ca homepage poll show that while two thirds of students have attended a career fair at some point, only one third found the experience valuable enough to want to go again in the future.
Another 34% have never attended a career fair on campus.
Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus?
These results raise questions such as:
- How can career centres and employers make campus career fairs more valuable for students?
- How should career fairs be marketed to students to ensure more of them attend?
- What experiences have turned off the 32% who have attended career fairs but wouldn’t go again?
- Are career fairs, as our campus recruitment survey results seem to show, slowly being phased out favour of smaller, more intimate events, such as information sessions?
- With thousands of students attending Partnerships for Employment and other large career fairs, what can we do to improve the experience for those who choose to attend?
How would you answer these questions? Whether you’re a career centre, employer, student or other, please leave your ideas in the comments!