Walmart

Across Canada

Why Walmart?

We're supportive

Our commitment to supporting families in need starts at the local level, and we have a proud history of strengthening the more than 300 communities we serve through charitable partnerships and initiatives. Since 1994, we've raised and donated more than $230 million for Canadian charities and non-profit organizations. In 2014, $13.9 million was raised and $7.5 million donated to support Canadian families in need.

National Charity Partners
Children's Miracle Network

We contributed $8.4 million in 2014 and more than $100 million since 1994 to help ensure excellence in care for the more than 4,900 Canadian kids who go through the doors of a children's hospital each day.

Canadian Red Cross

We raised and donated more than $2.9 million in 2014 and more than $29 million since 2003. Last year, the Canadian Red Cross responded to 3,000 disasters, and more than 88,999 people were directly assisted following various emergencies and disasters across the country

Breakfast Club of Canada

We raised and donated $3.8 million in 2014 and more than $34 million since 2000 to support over 1,455 breakfast programs nationwide.

Evergreen

We have contributed more than $6 million to the Evergreen/Walmart Green Grant program and have supported 571 projects since 2005. Evergreen serves as a leading national funder and facilitator of local, sustainable greening projects in schoolyards, parks and communities across Canada.

We're responsible

At Walmart, we care about what's important to our people and continue to be committed to making a difference.

Waste reduction and energy efficiency

Our waste diversion rate was 80% in 2014, and we're actively working in collaboration with municipalities to find solutions for the remaining 20%. We're testing renewable energy sources, including wind, solar, geothermal and hydrogen fuel cells, at our stores and distribution centres. We opened Canada's first fully LED-lit large-format retail store in November 2013 in Stratford, Ontario, and the stores we're building today are 30% more energy efficient, compared to our 2005 baseline.

Women in Retail

Our Women in Retail store program has been identified as a best practice by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., and is being replicated in 10 markets around the globe. Since the inception of Women in Retail in 2010, there has been a 74.8% increase in the number of female store managers, moving from 15.5% in 2010 to 27.1% in 2017. It provides our associates with tools and resources to develop their careers, including mentor programs, workshops and networking opportunities.

Supercube trailer

In 2012, our transportation team wanted to find a way to transport more goods to stores, while using fewer trucks to reduce our environmental impact. The result was the launch of a one-year pilot program involving a supercube trailer. Each trailer was designed to carry 40% more goods – 30% in the trailer and 10% in a new dromedary box – which translates into significantly fewer trips from warehouses to stores.

Spark your Career with Walmart - Apply today