Warehouse Order Picker/Shipper
Unified Alloys, one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada, currently has a Warehouse Order Picker/Shipper summer position available in Dorval.
- Warehouse Order Picker/Shipper personnel are responsible to accurately and safely store, gather, package and prepare product according to the sales orders and established practices and procedures for product storing, picking and shipping.
- They must work co-operatively with all personnel to ensure products are shipped in a timely fashion and all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Assist in organizing the product in the staging area for pick up.
- Maintain the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time.
- Report quality and/or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate personnel. Ensure quality assurance checks are completed, as required.
- Adhere to Quality, Health and Safety requirements, company policies, ISO standards and directives.
- Other duties as requested/directed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong time management skills.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Self motivated, able to multi-task and demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to lift heavy items (to prescribed maximum) and operate warehouse machines/tools (forklifts, saws, banders, manlifts, hand tools, power tools, recoilers, etc).
- Stand/walk for duration of work hours.
- Able to work extended hours.
- Capable of following written and verbal instructions and procedures
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Please submit your resume to the attention of:
Cathy Layton CPHR
Senior Human Resources Generalist