IT Systems Technician
Uline - The Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We are a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products.
Uline carries over 31,000 products, sold through our 700+ page catalog and online.ca. Same day shipping, freight savings and fast delivery, along with strategic locations near Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto help make Uline Canada a success.
In business for over 36 years, Uline employs over 5,000 bright, energetic professionals, who enjoy top pay, great benefits and the opportunity to grow in a successful, progressive workplace. Our people make the difference.
IT Systems Technician
Up to $80,000 per year, based on experience
Uline seeks an IT Systems Technician for its branch in Edmonton, Alberta.
Join us to experience why Uline has been designated with the Forbes 2016 America’s Best Employers award.
Come join our rapidly growing team!
- Administer all IT equipment – desktop computing, Wintel servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, video conferencing, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment.
- Diagnose problems, train users and provide desktop and mobile computing support.
- Coordinate with vendors on basic facility issues including new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs and desktop/cubicle moves.
- Apply software patches/upgrades and respond to user requests as needed.
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment.
- Manage building facility including HVAC, office and telecom equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A+ or Microsoft MCSA certification preferred.
- Experience with AS400, Avaya, Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Win7 and Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013.
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP, Citrix, and Cisco VPN.
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, the creation of user accounts and Internet email.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Available on-call some nights and weekends.
- Full benefit coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- RRSP with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
- Click here to learn more.
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline is a drug-free workplace
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit