Technical Analyst - Security
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working as a Security Technical Analyst with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Security Technical Analysts, she provides security administration across a range of computer platforms and applications, solving security issues and ensuring that our information-security policies are enforced. She sees to it that our internal Sarbanes Oxley IT controls are operating effectively and that security matrices are maintained. She's passionate about her career, and she came all the way from Italy to pursue it with us.
Though if you ask her directly, she'll say she came for the poutine.
This is Filippa. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Filippa, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analysts focusing on Security, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure internal Sarbanes Oxley and PCI IT controls are operating effectively and all documentations are available for internal and external auditors
- Ensure security access requests (all OS platforms and applications) are evaluated, created, monitored, logged, processed, and auditable
- Ensure security matrices are maintained along with the creation and maintenance of documentations of all security procedures
- Develop or assist in the development of measures to enforce Information Security policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and associated plans for System Security administration and user system-access based on industry-standard best practices and SOX compliance
- Implement and report on security system and end-user activity audits
- Provide 2nd-level support for security
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your diploma in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- You have between one and three years of experience in Security Administration, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- If you have certifications in CISA, SSCP, CISSP, and/or ITIL, that will be an asset
- You have operational and security administration knowledge for computer systems and software
- Your issue-management skills include time management, conflict management, information gathering, and team building
- You can maintain detailed development plans for projects, understanding and applying principles of project control, and possess the ability to manage projects within one or more systems
- Your problem-solving skills include analyzing information (e.g., client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.) and providing staff with solutions
- You can effectively and efficiently respond to Associate inquiries, identify stated and unstated customer needs, build relationships with Associates, and resolve any conflicts or problems that might arise
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.