Talent Acquisition Specialist
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Chelsea is one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists. She's responsible for supporting and facilitating the Talent Acquisition and selection process. She works in conjunction with the Hiring Manager for Home Office positions, using a variety of sourcing methods to attract qualified candidates.
Chelsea is one of those people who truly loves what she does and who she works with. She is passionate about finding the right talent for the right role. She believes that work should be a fulfilling part of our lives.
This is Chelsea. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Chelsea, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Lead the recruitment process and demonstrate exceptional communication with Hiring Managers, Candidates, and Talent Acquisition Team.
- Understand, create and execute a robust recruitment strategy for each position in order to attract enough qualified candidates to effectively fill positions quickly and with minimal cost.
- Coach Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Partner with the Hiring Managers to understand the business dynamics and headcount needs of each department, develop recruitment plans, and deliver quality talent by required deadlines.
- Partner with business leaders and key stakeholders defining core competencies and developing ideal candidate profile to meet future leadership needs.
- Leverage Networking and Talent Acquisition events to reinforce TJX Canada's career opportunities.
- Lead and participate in Talent Acquisition and retention related projects as assigned.
- Follow the Recruitment Guidelines, Recruitment Core Behaviours and Expectations as well as the Candidate Experience Commitment.
- Ensure all recruitment administration is complete in real time, including recruitment folders, tracking and recruitment metrics.
- Provide candidates with an exceptional experience throughout the full cycle recruitment and selection process.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least two years of solid talent acquisition experience in a high-volume, corporate environment with a post-secondary degree and diploma in Human Resources or comparable.
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- You are driven to achieve results in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
- You have exceptional follow up skills and attention to detail.
- You have ability to course correct when faced with obstacles or challenges.
- You have outstanding time management.
- You are flexible with the ability to support changing business needs.
- You have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.