Store Operations Communications Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Sydney is one of our Store Operations Communications Coordinators. She's responsible for revising, maintaining, producing, and distributing consistent communication of store operational information and procedures to Stores, Regional Offices and Home Office.
Sydney or "Syd" as we call her, joined us from the world of retail management. Every day she creates communications that keep our organization moving in the same direction-forward.
This is Sydney. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Sydney, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Operations Communications Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of existing policy and procedures and rollout of new Store programs.
- Assess and evaluate the consistency of store operational products, ensuring comprehension and effectiveness in achieving desired policies and procedures.
- Employ and practice up-to-date communications standards to create, edit and produce all Store Operations communications, including daily/weekly communications, documents, manuals, procedures, etc.
- Interact with appropriate departments, across all levels of the organization, in obtaining and compiling information for all Store Operations communication and new or revised store procedures.
- Revise and distribute products for Store Operations as necessary based on assessments.
- Create strategies and timelines for the communication of projects.
- Analyze reports to provide supporting data for varying programs.
- Maintain Store Operations databases for stores, including E-Library
- Be the primary gatekeeper for Reflexis Task Manager, leveraging the application to distribute all communications to the Field.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You must have at least two years of retail management experience; candidates with college education in Communications preferred.
- You have advanced communication skills including written skills (policies, letters, memos, booklets, grammar) and verbal skills (communication with all levels of the organization).
- Your problem-solving skills include analysis of information (i.e. client and project requirements, description of problems, utilizing data reports)
- You are results driven (time management, information gathering, etc.).
- Your customer service skills include responding to Associate inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building skills to develop collaborative working relationships; resolving any conflicts that might arise, etc.
- Your computer skills include word processing, spreadsheets, monarch, e-mail, etc.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.