Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Amanda is one of our Store Managers. She's not only responsible for delivering results in sales, expense control, shrink reduction, and profit and loss, but also for overseeing the efficient operation of merchandising and presentational standards, and all operational functions. She not only champions each customer, but also each associate. She came to us with over five years' experience in a management capacity, which is why she is such a wonderful leader.
Except when she's trying to get people to join her checkers club. Then she's on her own.
Even so, that's Amanda. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Amanda, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to ensure "Total Store Awareness" and full accountability for the business
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Manage expense and operational performance to maximize store profit, and be held accountable for the delivery of established store targets and goals
- Ensure execution of shrink-reduction programs and look for opportunities to reduce shrink
- Create an environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
- Manage store visits from Regional Office, District Manager, Home Office, or any other visitor entering your store, always conducting and managing your store visits with your respective teams leading the discussions and walkthrough (as applicable)
- Maximize store sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve sales
- Provide leadership and support regarding any change to merchandise guidelines, floor flexing, and planning of key sales drivers, while setting priorities, goals and direction
- Train and develop Assistant Managers and Associates
- Create and maintain a proactive staffing plan
- Prepare and conduct Management evaluations, and review all hourly evaluations
- Identify training needs
- Maintain and support company values, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Model TJX Canada values and ensure the values are embedded in the daily interactions with Associates and Customers
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least five years of experience in a leadership capacity, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You have the ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute initiatives, and more
- You have at least a moderate degree of problem-solving skills, and a high degree of decision-making skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.