Sr. Technical Analyst - Security
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Tyler is one of our Sr. Technical Analysts - Security. He's responsible for providing security administration across all platforms (AS400, UNIX, Windows & Novell) and applications within the Systems Operations and Security department. He's also responsible for Systems Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI administration and provides level-2 support for security.
Tyler came on board with a few years of experience working in a previous Systems Operations and Security department. We knew his technical skills would be stellar form day one. We were pleasantly surprised by his commitment to delivering outstanding customer service. He says nothing poses a security threat like miscommunication. We concur.
This is Tyler. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Tyler, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Sr. Technical Analysts - Security, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls and PCI controls are operating effectively and all documentation is available for internal and external auditors/assessors.
- Confirm security administration best practices are maintained along with the creation and upkeep of documentation for all security procedures.
- Assist in developing strategic business objectives for the department.
- Support the development of measures to enforce information security policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and associated plans for system security administration and user-system access based on industry-standard best practices, SOX and PCI compliance.
- Provide level-2 support for security.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have a computer science diploma or related technical discipline; CLP, CISA, SSCP or CISSP certification is an asset.
- You have at least three years of experience in security administration or related.
- You understand security administration, computer systems, and software.
- Your issue management and interpersonal skills include: time management, conflict management, information gathering, team building, and collaborating.
- Your project support skills include: maintaining detailed development project plans, applying principles of project control, and managing projects within one or more systems.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and information analysis capabilities for understanding client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.
- Your customer service skills include effectively responding to inquiries, identifying stated and unstated needs, building relationships, and resolving any conflicts that might arise, etc.
- You have good communication skills (written and verbal).
- You are proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and can work in various operating systems, such as Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.