Regional HR Administrative Assistant - West Region
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Caitlyn is one of our Regional HR Administrative Assistants. She's responsible for providing complete administrative human resource support to the Regional HR team (Manager of Human Resources, Regional Human Resources Managers, Regional Recruitment Manager, Regional Training Manager and the Health & Safety Specialist). She's also responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
If there's ever an opportunity that involves organizing, supporting, or team building, Caitlyn is the first one to raise her hand and roll up her sleeves. She is what we call Type A personality - A is for awesome, of course.
This is Caitlyn. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Caitlyn, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Regional HR Administrative Assistants, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Liaise with and support all stores in the region by acting as the point person for HR related concerns and issues (i.e. salary discrepancies, benefits and payroll issues, terminations), as well as responding to HR policy related inquiries.
- Maintain a good rapport with District Managers, District Coordinators and Store Management teams and promote HR best practices to ensure internal customers adhere to HR policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Regional HR team by assisting with salary analysis for Store Hourly and Store Management Associates and assisting with Associate relations issues (i.e. termination, conduct and performance).
- Liaise with various Home Office HR departments (i.e. HRIS, Learning & Development, Total Rewards and Payroll) by acting as the point person for regional HR issues (i.e. Associate pay issues, terminations, STD/LTD issues).
- Manage confidential information pertaining to salaries, performance reviews and disciplinary letters and produce a variety of confidential documents (i.e. offer letters, memos, conduct and termination letters), ensuring timely and accurate turnaround for distribution and use by the Regional HR team.
- Responsible for producing, validating and submitting monthly and quarterly updates of HR metrics/data (i.e. succession planning, C performers, engaged/disengaged stores, staffing levels, new members of management, Code of Conduct, and Salary Continuances) to the HR team to be used for TJX and WMI reporting.
- Liaise with external vendors (i.e. Replacement agencies and lawyers) to gather and collate information to be used by Regional HR Managers.
- Monitor and communicate any HR-related legislative updates or changes, or HR policy and practices changes to the Regional HR team.
- Maintain the HRLD database by entering data and ensuring accuracy of the information entered (Central Region only).
- Coordinate meetings, training sessions (i.e. location bookings, accommodations, menus, and audio visual equipment) and travel arrangements (e.g. car rentals, hotel accommodation, flights and sourcing outside transportation etc.) for the Regional HR team as requested.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least three years of related experience, preferably in a Human Resources function; Human Resources courses or working towards an HR certification an asset; bilingualism required (for Eastern Region Only).
- You have strong issue management skills (problem-solving and time management).
- You are skilled in conflict management, organizing meetings, satisfying several different time schedules, prioritizing, problem solving, decision-making and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- You have established interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have basic knowledge of HR functions including compensation and benefits, training and development, organizational development, and health and safety, and Associate relations.
- You know how to use voice mail software, main switchboard, fax machine, and photocopier.
- Your administrative skills include arranging and scheduling meetings; assisting with the compilation and distribution of information; and general administrative tasks (i.e. taking meeting minutes, photocopying, scheduling appointments, maintaining room bookings, etc.).
- Your reception skills include the operation of a multi-line console and directing incoming telephone calls.
- You understand incoming and outgoing mail management (sorting, processing and directing incoming mail, couriers, faxes, and deliveries, processing all outgoing mail by affixing postage and completing forms for courier services, and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive documents).
- You work effectively with minimal supervision.
- You know how to use MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.