Production Support Allocator - Co-op
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working as a Production Support Allocator with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Joan works as one of our Production Support Allocators, which means she's responsible for the timely allocation of merchandise within the context of our weekly shipping strategy; in short, she ensures the fresh flow of merchandise to stores.
Strangely enough, she also ensures the fresh flow of donuts through our system. We keep telling her that our families want us to eat a little more healthy than that, but Joan likes to see people happy, and what causes more happiness than donuts?
Still, this is Joan. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Joan, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Production Support Allocators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure that all department headers are allocated to the right stores within the planning and allocation shipping-guidelines (4 hour turnaround)
- Become an allocation expert
- Achieve optimal allocation standards using all functions of ADS & ADI
- Escalate problems that impact the flow of merchandise to your Production Support Supervisor
- Execute distributions to expedite the flow of merchandise that will reflect the Planning and Allocation strategy
- Provide feedback to your Supervisor regarding Planning and Allocation filter models
- Work as a team when setting priorities, and maintain positive relationships with Planning & Allocation and Distribution Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your College Diploma or are working towards it.
- Your decision-making, time-management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills make you an asset to any employer
- You have great flexibility and the wherewithal to succeed in an environment with fluctuating priorities
- Your computer skills include Microsoft Excel and merchandise-distribution programs
- Your sense of urgency makes ambulances look lazy
- You pay enough attention to detail to draw a map of the sky from memory
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to work 4pm to 12am
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.