Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Jace is one of our Payroll Analysts. He's responsible for the accurate and timely remittance of all statutory and 3rd party remittances and year-end reconciliation. He ensures appropriate controls for payroll and financial information, resolving all Oracle integration errors and providing assistance to the Payroll Manager as required. He is highly knowledgeable in payroll concepts, processes and legislation. He has a problem-solving attitude, strong communication skills, and an incredible attention to detail.
That attention to detail is what fuels his love for tracking and reconciling anything that has to do with payroll. He has expert technical capabilities and loves computer systems. Unlike us mere mortals, he's not afraid to dig deep to find the truth in empirical data.
This is Jace. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Jace, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Payroll Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide payroll detail for monthly reconciliation of payroll bank account.
- Deposit and prepare entries for all cheques received for benefits and overpayments.
- Set up and maintain garnishments.
- Reconcile year-end on a quarterly basis.
- Resolve all Oracle integration (Masterfile, PTO, Elements) errors and warnings on a daily basis.
- Prepare, track and reconcile all statutory and 3
- party remittances.
- Ensure that all remittances are made by the due dates.
- Resolve any discrepancies and/or assessments from 3
- parties such as CRA, MRQ, FRO etc.
- Review and resolve PIER deficiencies.
- Annual preparation, balancing and reconciliation of year-end tax forms including T4's, T4A's, RL1's and T2200's.
- Assist with preparing data for payroll audits.
- Monitor arrears and recovery.
- Ensure that adequate controls are maintained.
- Ongoing Sarbanes Oxley audit testing and compliance.
- Compile statistical reports, statements and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts as requested.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all job related processes.
- Develop process improvements to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding payroll reconciliation.
- Identify opportunities and recommend enhancements to processes/procedures and policies where applicable; teaming with the stakeholders for development and implementation strategies.
- Provide Payroll back up for Coordinators leaves.
- Upskilling Coordinators and other stakeholders around changes and payroll processes
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You must be a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) with at least six years of multi-province, full-cycle payroll experience, including account reconciliation and year end.
- You have advanced knowledge of g/l reconciliation.
- You have a thorough understanding of applicable audit requirements (internal and external).
- You have a thorough understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements as they relate to payroll.
- Your problem-solving skills enable you to provide solutions to complex issues.
- You have advanced MS Excel skills.
- You are detailed-oriented with an ability to communicate and identify problems.
- You are highly organized with good time management (providing auditors with information in a timely manner, the ability to work under pressure and meet strict guidelines, etc.)
- Your interpersonal skills include information gathering, building collaborative working relationships with the department and across the organization.
- You communicate information to Associates at all levels.
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Associates; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise, etc.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.