Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Victor is an Operations Supervisor in one of our distribution centres, where he's in charge of planning daily and weekly workloads, but more than that, he's in charge of inspiring his team to exceed all expectations. It's a skill some Operations Supervisors learn in college, but others acquire it during their two years of previous experience.
Victor won't tell us how he got his leadership skills, but when he thought back on it, he gave us a mischievous smile.
But that's Victor. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Victor, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Operations Supervisors, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Lead with a collaborative approach across shifts and support a team of Associates in the execution of the plans and objectives within the timelines, constraints, and available resources
- Align and implement departmental plans daily, weekly, and 3-6 months out
- Identify and address potential departmental obstacles to meet daily and weekly production requirements
- Plan for and respond to plans for current production and seasonal fluctuations to ensure effective execution to set targets and production plans
- Utilize and leverage data and information to provide direction and achievement of daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Monitor and maintain process and accuracy improvement opportunities while maintaining a cross functional and cross shift mindset
- Drive the identified priorities in sequence while addressing obstacles
- Recognize and address department interdependencies, and the implication of process and business changes to ensure efficient flow of merchandise
- Accurately assess Associate productivity and performance, and provide appropriate training, coaching, and development opportunities through hands-on involvement and specific and timely feedback
- Build effective and collaborative partnerships across departments and shifts to achieve business goals and objectives and maximize efficiencies
- Organize, plan, and ensure work assignments are allocated and assigned appropriately, and monitor adherence to established work methods and operational/health and safety standards
- Utilize the Collective Bargaining Agreement to maximize business flexibility, while promoting positive Associate labour relations
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- Ideally, you've done enough mental heavy-lifting to earn your university degree or college diploma with a Bachelor of Business Administration or Engineering
- You have at least two years of progressive experience in a distribution environment and two years experience as a supervisor or leader, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You have experience with operations in a high-volume, fast-paced, labour-intensive, constantly-changing production atmosphere
- You are able to translate and implement overall departmental goals and objectives, and execute them through motivation and team empowerment
- You demonstrate an understanding of how department fit in relationship overall facility goals
- You have a proven track record managing time effectively and a demonstrated ability to manage and navigate through competing priorities to drive the required total departmental results
- You can collaboratively work with others to achieve goals while maintaining and enhancing the culture
- You act decisively and make timely and sound decisions even when the situation is uncertain or ambiguous
- You listen attentively and communicate effectively to build relationships and mutual understanding through the exchange of clear, direct, and effective messages
- You manage your time and activities effectively
- You have the ability to flex your leadership style and have the demonstrated ability to develop yourself and others and effectively address performance concerns
- You facilitate problem solving and mediate conflict to arrive at timely resolutions or solutions
- You develop trust with others by acting with integrity and ethics
- You effectively communicate change and gain Associate engagement
- You have intermediate computer skills with all of the Microsoft Office applications
- You possess functional knowledge of relevant H & S legislation
- You have a good mathematical and numerical sense and can think quickly and fluidly with numbers
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.