Merchandise Operations, Buyer Administrative Assistant
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Leon is one of our Merchandise Operations, Buyer Administrative Assistants. Leon supports daily administrative tasks for a group of assigned Buyers, including generating and reviewing reports and gathering data. He works collaboratively across the Administrative function to co-ordinate and schedule meetings and deliver important market materials that enable the buying team/complex success.
Leon plays a key role as part of the Merchandise Operations Administrative team. In his free time, you can find him taking courses online to learn new skills. He loves to study and read and gather new information. Mostly so he can share what he's discovered. We love that about him.
This is Leon. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Leon, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Operations, Buyer Administrative Assistants, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Work closely with EA's and other Admins to co-ordinate various meetings and provide admin support: booking rooms, ordering food, sending agenda, order/set-up technology in the room, minutes/transcribe and publish notes.
- Run a set of core reports and provide to Buyer within agreed upon timeframes and delivery method.
- Prepare market materials for Buyers (vendor visits, report preparation, binders, boards).
- Run vendor market/visit reports, coordinate printing, collate and produce materials/binders.
- Gather customized data required by the Buyers to support discussions and strategies with DMM.
- Interpret mainframe reports and extrapolate items that require investigation by the Buyers.
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all materials prepared for the Buyers.
- Provides calendar management and scheduling support for Buyers.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements.
- Work closely with Buyers to complete expenses and book travel (proxy) adhering to company guidelines and timelines.
- Pick up and distribute mail and pay stub for Buyers.
- Print correspondence for Buyers.
- Provide support for onboarding systems and desk set-up
- Provide technical support to set up templates, such as Buy Plans.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have a post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience required.
- You have at least 1 year of administrative experience; experience in retail or corporate environment considered an asset.
- You have excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail and ability to support a large group with potentially multiple competing priorities.
- You collaborate and coordinate across teams and functions to schedule meetings and partner on key deliverables in peak times.
- You have advanced computer skills using Excel and MS Office.
- You have the ability to proactively plan for upcoming workload/activities.
- You can handle multiple priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- You have a strong service orientation when dealing with internal and external parties.
- You have the ability to solve problems and solution management skills required.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.