Junior Fixed Asset Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Pablo is one of our Junior Fixed Asset Analysts. He's responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register (accurate and timely capitalization, disposal and adjustment). He also assists with analysis and reporting.
Pablo enjoys working under pressure. Perhaps that's why he is currently in pursuit of his CMA. He has another 300 hours of study to complete. Someday, he will be one of only approximately 20,000 professionals to hold this certification.
This is Pablo. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Pablo, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Junior Fixed Asset Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Process fixed asset invoices in Lawson AM Subledger accurately and assess Provincial Sales Tax (PST) where applicable.
- Process asset adjustments (due to Canada custom duty refunds and other miscellaneous credit notes from vendors), disposals and transfers of assets in Lawson AM Subledger.
- Prepare the Lawson AM Subledger for month-end close.
- Provide adhoc reports and analysis.
- Create and post of month-end journal entries (e.g. capital accrual, depreciation accrual, gain/loss on disposal of fixed assets and adjusting entries).
- Assist with assigning capital project numbers.
- Respond to inquiries from other departments and auditors and provide documentation when necessary.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least one year of Financial Accounting or Fixed Assets experience; candidates working toward CGA or CMA preferred.
- You have knowledge of general accounting procedures as proven by your ability to identify assets, liabilities, income statement accounts, debits, and credits.
- You have the ability to create and post journal entries from financial information provided.
- You are detailed-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Your computer skills include knowledge of accounting software i.e. Lawson, MS Excel, word processing and e-mail.
- Your issue management skills include time management (providing auditors with information in a timely manner, the ability to work under pressure and meet strict guidelines, etc.).
- Your interpersonal skills include conflict management, information gathering, and team building.
- Your customer service skills include effectively responding to internal inquiries and building relationships with external departments.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.