Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Allison is one of our Jewellery Consultants. She's responsible for making sure our jewellery is displayed, secured, and sold in the most effective and efficient manner possible. She helps our store managers make sure that all our jewellery shipments arrive in the right quantities and that they are all marked correctly and in a sellable condition. She also shares her technical gem and precious metal knowledge with our customers, helping them make the best buying decision possible. Her seasoned sales ability, proven problem-solving and customer service skills, and knowledge of all things jewellery make her the best possible person at her position.
Plus, she never misses an opportunity to spontaneously dance in circles, which goes a long way toward breaking up the day.
Still, this is Allison. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Allison, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Jewellery Consultants, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure proper opening, set-up, and closing procedures in accordance with the jewellery guidelines
- Ensure that all jewellery has proper tickets attached and is in saleable condition
- Approve customer returns/voids accurately and promptly in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Follow all register policies and procedures with accuracy
- Audit and record missed markdowns in the markup/markdown book
- Follow all damaged-merchandise policies and procedures with accuracy
- Manage stock for proper storage and replenishment
- Ensure all recalled items are recorded and returned in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assist management in the receipt of merchandise by verifying the quantities received and the accuracy of the merchandise received against the shipping manifest
- Maintain a positive customer environment during peak shopping periods
- Ensure security of jewellery-selling area is maintained at all times
- Share technical gem and precious-metal knowledge in a customer-friendly manner
- Ensure that merchandise receiving and storage standards are met
- Ensure appropriate jewellery mix for optimum selling
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have experience in retail jewellery operations and a season sales ability, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess knowledge of the content and types of gems, gold, and silver, as well as solid market and product knowledge, especially as it applies to the off-price retail model
- Your problem-solving skills include the ability to respond to customer complaints and inquiries
- You can act as resource for Associates and customers, and know how to refer complex issues to management
- Your issue- and interpersonal-management skills include time management, conflict management, information gathering, team building, and collaborative working
- Your problem-solving skills allow you to analyze information and provide solutions to problems
- You have customer-service skills for effectively and efficiently responding to Associate and customer inquiries, identifying stated and unstated customer needs, building relationships with Associates and customers, and resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
- You possess verbal- and written-communication skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.