Executive Assistant - Merchandising
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of TJX Canada's Executive Assistants, Trevor provides valuable administrative support services to his department's Senior Vice President. He accomplishes this task by preparing documents and presentation materials, screening and responding to incoming correspondence, making inquiries and phone calls, drafting letters, and arranging and attending meetings.
Trevor's business acumen also carries over into his off hours, where he manages a hard-rocking 1980's cover band with big hair, incredible talents and an affinity for all things Triumph. From handling their gig schedule, to ensuring their instruments and equipment are always ready to rock, Trevor is a true professional at everything he does!
This is Trevor's story. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we'll do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Trevor, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Executive Assistants, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Coordinate meetings and manage calendars, daily schedules and office records.
- Collect and prepare information for the meetings of executive staff and outside individuals.
- Work with executives, customers, vendors, visitors and other dignitaries.
- Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Act as a liaison between SVP (and above) and staff, internal departments, outside agencies and the public.
- Ensure the smooth flow of paper, maintain schedules and files, and arrange amenities.
- Work with standard spreadsheets and word-processing packages.
- Compile data and prepare reports.
- Sort, prepare and distribute all outgoing mail.
- Organize event details such as menus, accommodations, audiovisual equipment, upgrades, agendas and maps.
- Assist with travel arrangements by complete bookings of trips (ex. cars, rentals, hotels, etc.).
- Track vacation, floater, sick days, and overtime hours for the SVP department, while submitting weekly payroll timesheets.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
You have 3-5 years of Executive Assistant experience, with a basic knowledge of finance.
- You are very discrete and confidential when it comes to an organization's operations, procedures and people.
- You have advanced administrative skills in reporting, photocopying, filing, mail distribution, scheduling appointments, arranging travel, booking rooms, managing equipment, etc.
- Your issue-management skills include time and conflict management, attention to details, problem solving and decision making.
- You have a complete understanding of word processing, presentations, spreadsheet software and Lotus Notes.
- You possess superior verbal- and written-communication skills.
- You have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.