DC Inbound Flow Planner
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Brenna is one of our DC Inbound Flow Planners. She's responsible for planning, facilitating, and ensuring execution of all scheduling activities associated with inbound merchandise receipts. Of course, this includes appointing, reconciling, and managing vendor/carrier/DC required information or concerns to ensure effective and efficient flow through the DCs.
Some people are just natural planners and Brenna is one of those people. She ensures we have the necessary inventory levels to meet production targets, solves problems, and helps the facilities get more done than ever before. She makes work easier and we love her for it.
This is Brenna. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Brenna, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our DC Inbound Flow Planners, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate all inbound receipts and scheduling activities with internal and external parties, including Logistics, Accounts Payable, Merchandising, Vendors, Carriers and respective agents to ensure effective and efficient flow through the DCs.
- Manage and maintain logs of carrier, carrier agent correspondence, problem resolution, and forward the information to the appropriate members of the Operations Management and Logistics staff.
- Ensure all appointment requests are responded to within the set parameter of a 24-hour period.
- Take accountability for managing and navigating through all inquiries and issues, and analyze and resolve them in an appropriate manner to optimize flow, adhering to the Company's policy and practice standards.
- Develop and maintain various reports related to inbound activities to support the business.
- Schedule, prioritize, and coordinate inbound receipts to meet changing production needs within time standards (i.e. priority containers, over the road (OTR), rush shipments, hot deals).
- Participate in all activities associated with inbound merchandise receipts.
- Assist in the timely pick up of empty trailers and containers.
- Support all testing and implementation of various TJX system enhancements and roll outs.
- Support cross-functional activities.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have more than two years of experience in a fast-paced, high-volume data entry role with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You have knowledge of data centre and receiving operations within distribution services or logistics (i.e. dock appointment scheduling, visibility systems).
- You are flexible with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- You handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You make sound decisions.
- You have intermediate computer skills, including spreadsheets (i.e. Windows, MS Office), keyboarding, word processing, e-mail, and mainframe application, (i.e. IMSP and SCAN).
- You have the ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with Distribution Services, Management, Associates and external contacts.
- You have strong trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to provide direction to ensure delivery of set expectations and targets are achieved.
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to inquiries and identifying stated and unstated customer needs.
- You have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.