Data Centre Associate
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canadal is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
She's one of our Data Centre Associates at our Control Desk, which means she's responsible for helping to meet the production targets at our Distribution Centre by ensuring tickets, store labels, and locator cards are printed, sorted, and distributed in an accurate and timely manner. Before she came to us, Svea already had one year of experience in a production environment, which is why she's done so well so far.
Of course, she had other skills before she arrived, including a talent for the art of falconry, which is kind of impressive, though we'll be more impressed if she can train the bird to sort locator cards for us.
Still, this is Svea. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Svea, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Data Centre Associates, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Sort, separate, and match tickets, store labels, advertisement labels, locator cards, and translations
- Scan ticket bundles into correct areas and departments
- Cut and bundle tickets and distro-documentation for distribution to the appropriate areas and departments
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least one year of experience in a production environment, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- You have achieved OSSD Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- You have strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with fellow Associates, Supervisors, etc., and strong reading and writing skills
- Your problem-solving skills include the ability to analyze information and situations
- You have fantastic issue-management skills, which includes time management, interpersonal skills, conflict management, information-collection and -gathering skills, team-building skills, and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues
- You pay such great attention to detail that you know how many stars can be seen from your back porch
- Your organizational skills are top-notch
- You are manually dexterous, and have basic math skills (i.e. counting, addition, multiplication, etc.)
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.