Corporate Retail Organized Crime Investigator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Rosemarie is one of our Corporate Retail Organized Crime Investigators, which means she's responsible for detecting, investigating, reporting, and prosecuting incidents of external fraud, chronic offenders, and Organized Retail Crime. She came to us with two years' experience as a Corporate Fraud Investigator, a successful record with Organized Retail Theft investigations, and, of course, an excellent moral character.
Of course, her six-year-old daughter beats her in games of hide-and-seek, but frankly, her daughter's hiding skills are a bit preternatural, so you can't hold that against her.
Still, this is Rosemarie. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Rosemarie, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Corporate Retail Organized Crime Investigators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Detect and apprehend people committing theft and fraud against TJX Canada stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution, focusing specifically on chronic offenders and offenders involved in organized theft or refund fraud schemes
- Complete the prosecution process by reporting to police, building case reports, attending court, and testifying as required
- Investigate, identify, and report issues regarding external theft and shrink-causing issues affecting TJX Canada stores
- Monitor trends in the payment-card industry and strategize action to coordinate with the TJX Canada Loss Prevention business model
- Maintain accurate case files and investigation records
- Develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, store management, and outside agencies, including police and courts
- Concisely and accurately report findings in a timely manner
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your high school diploma (a post-secondary education is preferred, however)
- You have at least two years of experience as a Corporate Fraud Investigator, Internal Investigator (multi-store), Loss Prevention Manager (multi-store) or something similarly related to investigating retail fraud and theft, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You have proven experience with Exception Reporting System Software in a retail setting, and proven experience and success in Organized Retail Theft investigations
- You have an excellent moral character and no criminal or similar convictions for which a pardon was not granted
- You have strong knowledge of retail operations and processes
- Your expertise includes knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code related to relevant offences and rulings/decisions
- You have strong computer, analytical, reporting, time-management, and interpersonal skills
- You are friendly, professional, and approachable.
- Preferably, you have training and experience in interviewing and Interrogations, as well as mobile surveillance skills and training
- You have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- You are able to work well under pressure
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.