Business Analyst - Global Finance Systems (Oracle EBS)
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Grant is one of our Business Analysts - Global Finance Systems (Oracle EBS). He's responsible for providing business analysis and functional expertise. He supports global objectives, participates in multinational business technology solutions, leverages business analysis, and applies finance business process and application expertise to effectively complete BA deliverables on projects.
While some people might enjoy reading or painting or photography, Grant is wired differently. He takes pleasure in developing process maps and data flow diagrams. You should have seen the "itinerary" that he created for his wedding last year.
This is Grant. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Grant, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Business Analysts - Global Finance Systems (Oracle EBS), we'd ask you to do the following:
- Analyze processes, elicit, and define both business and functional requirements.
- Create, execute, and handle the communication of the project BA plan (estimates, schedules, and deliverables).
- Create, revise, and execute the following deliverables using industry standard techniques:
- Process maps
- Data flow diagrams
- Requirements specifications
- Use case scenarios
- Acceptance testing
- Drive adoption of the solution with the end user community.
- Act as day-to-day liaison between business subject matter experts (SMEs) and technical teams.
- Work closely with business SMEs in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements.
- Work with architects and IT groups to ensure that system architecture meets business requirements.
- Create strong partnerships with business stakeholders and IT partners.
- Network with the BA community to share best practices and develop competency.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least two years of experience within IT business analysis.
- You have a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- You have experience working with finance business processes and applications.
- You have experience in Oracle e-Business Suite Finance modules or similar applications, such as Lawson, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
- You can support the operational accounting functions: Accounts Payables, iExpense, Purchasing, etc.
- You elicit and analyze business requirements.
- You can deliver functional specifications, system configurations, and test cases.
- You know the IT software development lifecycle and understand IT project methodology.
- You work independently and alongside matrix project teams.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have the following:
- CBAP/CCAB certification.
- Knowledge of Oracle e-Business Suite modules: Accounts Payables, iExpense, GL, Fixed Assets, Procurement, etc.
- Experience with Oracle SQL *Plus and PL/SQL.
- Basic knowledge of SPI, PCI, PII, and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.