Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Dwayne works as one of our Bilingual Customer Service Coordinators, where he is responsible for handling customer concerns that come in on our 1-800 Customer Service telephone line. He has to speak both French and English because he works with all of our customers, regardless of their market.
But as friendly and as forthcoming as he is, the one thing he doesn't tell our French and English speaking customers is that, in truth, he prefers speaking in igpay atinlay.
Still, this Dwayne. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Dwayne, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Bilingual Customer Service Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Receive telephone calls and email correspondence from customers to resolve standard customer complaints and/or inquiries
- Follow up with Stores to thoroughly investigate situations to resolve problems and/or answer questions, and communicate the correct plan of action to specific customers and Stores
- Prepare monthly customer-service reports for District Managers.
- Deal with sensitive complaints that may require overruling a manager's decision
- Issue approved gift certificates or any offers of monetary compensation
- Record all pertinent information into the Customer Service computer system
- Liaise with Home Office departments in order to solve problems
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve the REACH program and the company in general, including policy changes, new policies, etc.
- Participate in Corporate Incentive Program by approaching new clients
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- If you have at least three years of relevant work experience, then you only need to have earned your high school diploma (or GED); but if you have no work experience, then you must have done enough mental lifting to earn your University Degree or College Diploma (preferable in Linguistics or Communication)
- You have proven bilingual abilities (both written and verbal), which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- You possess general knowledge of customer service procedures and policies, and have the ability to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries and identify stated and unstated customer needs, resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
- You have strong task coordination skills, including the ability to collect and coordinate information in a timely manner
- You have the ability to deal with more than one caller/situation at once, can ensure that projects are kept up-to-date and manageable, and that each customer situation is recorded in the Customer Database
- Your interpersonal skills include conflict management and the ability to build collaborative working relationships
- You have strong problem-solving skills for analyzing situations based on information gathered and determining solutions to resolve customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction
- You can obtain information from customers over the telephone in order to develop a good understanding of the situation at hand, and have the ability to ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information
- You are proficient with computers
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.