Apparel Fitting Model
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Janet is one of our Fit Models. She's responsible for trying to fit samples from visual to fit to final production. She provides feedback to the Product Development team on fit, quality, movement, comfort and appearance.
What's the secret to finding the perfect fit? Janet says it's something you just feel. From the quality of the fabric to the ease of care - it's amazing how clothing can make you feel comfortable in your own skin.
This is Janet. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Janet, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Fit Models, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Model all types of apparel, including tops, bottoms, and dresses for fittings.
- Be physically able to model/change for hours at a time; available during weekdays with flexibility to work a varied schedule from week to week depending upon need.
- Provide feedback on fit and comfort of apparel modelled to the product development team.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You must meet size requirements to fit and model based on business need.
- You must be comfortable modeling garments in front of groups of people; modelling experience preferred.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have a professional, responsive, and positive work attitude.
- You meet the following size requirements for our Fit Model - Contemporary:
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 28
- Hips: 38 - 38 ½
- Thighs: 22 - 22 ½
- Height: 5"4 - 5"5
- You meet the following size requirements for our Fit Model - Missy:
- Bust: 37
- Waist: 29 ¾
- Hips: 39 ¼
- Thighs: 22 ¾
- Height: 5"4 - 5"5
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.