Accounts Payable Analyst - Invoice Entry
Here at TJX Canada we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Bill is one of our Accounts Payable Analysts in Invoice Entry, which means he's responsible for reviewing and investigating the various exceptions, and ensuring invoices are accurate and meet the terms of the purchase order. He also processes invoices in a timely manner.
On the weekends, though, he likes to kick back on his deck with a cold drink in one hand and an 18th century gothic novel in the other. We prefer beaches and wooded hikes, ourselves, but melodrama and castles are fine too.
Regardless, this is Bill. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Bill, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Accounts Payable Analysts in Invoice Entry, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Identify and process early payment discounts, and then feel real good about rewarding those who pay early
- Batch review/invoice upload
- Ensure that all invoices are processed in a timely manner, feeling free to whistle while you work
- Ensure that all invoices are correct, and that vendors are charged back
- Research and problem-solve various issues related to invoices and purchase orders
- Ensure department, vendor, and auditor requests are met in a timely manner
- Process a large volume of invoices a day
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- Your computer skills include basic word processing and spreadsheets, and knowledge of mainframe and accounting applications (i.e., Lawson AS400)
- You have strong administrative, problem-solving, and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
- You should be detail-oriented enough to spot the freckles on an ant
- Your issue-management skills allow you to gather information, provide customer service, and manage conflicts, all with a smile on your face
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write reports and interact with vendors
- You have general knowledge of Accounts Payable (i.e., vendor statements, invoices, purchase orders, etc.)
- You're able to track multiple types of issues at one time without having to write little notes on your hand
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.?