Our commitment to the community
We work with unique individuals who are passionate about a variety of things. Though we celebrate the diversity among us, we also recognize that we are united in our commitment to our communities.
We strive to stimulate the passion of our Associates. We seek out their ideas. We respect their interests outside of work. We even reward their volunteer efforts with paid time off. We offer a variety of programs and partner with several charities to maximize the impact we can make together. Take a look at what our Associates have been up to and see if you belong here with us.
Get to know the TJX Canada Go Green Team
Who are we?
The TJX Canada Go Green Team is comprised of dedicated Associates throughout the organization, including Home Office, Stores, and Distribution Centres. We're committed to being an environmentally responsible corporate citizen and neighbor. Established in 2008, the TJX Canada Go Green team set out to conserve natural resources, minimize waste, ensure energy is used responsibly in all aspects of our business, and to honor the principals of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
What do we do?
Since our inception more than five years ago, we have engaged Associates throughout the organization through a variety of events, including:
- Hosting Lunch 'n Learn sessions at Home Office and Distribution Centres
- Hosting an annual Eco Fest event for all TJX Canada Home Office Associates
- Hosting clothing/small home goods donation drives at Home Office in support of Goodwill
- Collecting over 20,000 commitments from Associates across the country to reduce their impact on the environment at home or in the workplace
- Developing waste diverse programs at Home Office, Stores, and Distribution Centres that limit the amount of waste going to landfill
- Facilitating store-led community Go Green campaigns such as community clean ups and garden planting events
How can you get involved?
We're always looking for new TJX Canada talent to contribute in ways that are not part of their job description. Whether you're interested in health homes, urban gardening or the like, we're inspired by your passions. In fact, we meet on a regular basis to develop and execute innovative programs and campaigns. Everything we do is designed to reduce our impact on the environment.
Charities & committees
We love our Go Green Team. However, we care for a lot more than the environment. We also care for the men, women and children, who live and work and play in our communities. That's why we support a variety of charities and have raised millions of dollars to help those in need through various organizations, including:
- Kids Help Phone
- PRIDE Participation
- Sunshine Dreams for Kids
- Various Food Banks/Shelters
- Canadian Women's Foundation
When you become one of us, you become part of something so much bigger than TJX Canada. You become an individual who is making a difference. We welcome you to participate in any of our committees:
- Health & Safety
Delivering value and valuing others has always been at the core of TJX Canada. This is our commitment. This is our mission. This is us.