Technical Analyst - Distribution
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Spencer is a Technical Analyst-Distribution. He's responsible for providing implementation and support of the LAN/WAN and server infrastructure in a warehouse environment. He handles the administrative and technical support services for an AS/400, Windows Server, Desktop and RF environment. He also provides 2nd level support for the systems infrastructure.
It came as no surprise to us that Spencer is a techie. He really enjoys learning how things work and how to make them work better, faster. Interestingly, he also exercises this passion offline. He's really into antique car restoration. He says it's fun and leisurely and incredibly detailed.
This is Spencer. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Spencer, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analyst-Distribution, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide technical support to Distribution Centre personnel and other IT functions, including the server and network infrastructure.
- Complete documentation as per Systems standards including change control, capacity planning, disaster recovery and performance management.
- Maintain the Distribution Centres corporate server, desktop, telecommunication and network infrastructure.
- Ensure the stability of the Company's systems environment through regular maintenance, testing and implementing of new technologies.
- Provide support and administration for Intermec scanning devices and printers as well as SATO printers.
- Provide on-call support.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least three years of related experience and a diploma in computer systems, systems administration, or related technical discipline; MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) is an asset.
- You have intermediate knowledge of multiple technologies, including LAN/WAN, Cisco Switches/Routers, AS/400 Server technologies, and Windows servers.
- You have intermediate knowledge of various RF equipment (Intermec/Motorola).
- You have security administration for Level 2 support (password resets, unlocking accounts,etc.).
- You configure and support specialized warehouse equipment, including locator card printers, T-bar printers, portable carts, IBM 6400, 4230 printers, Axis print servers and Meto equipment.
- You have desktop support skills in a Windows 7 environment.
- You are experienced with team environments and successfully initiated and completed a variety of projects.
- You have project management skills.
- You are highly skilled in the following areas: issue management, time management, interpersonal, conflict management, information gathering, team building and problem solving.
- You have great communication skills, including verbal, written and ability to produce technical documentation.
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Associates and Vendors; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise, etc.
- You have the ability to prioritize and manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- You are proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.