Technical Analyst - Desktop
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Lisa is one of the Technical Analysts for our desktop computers. She provides administration, implementation, and support of our desktop and telecommunications infrastructure. She came to us with a diploma in Computer Systems, two years related work experience, and an A+ certification (which she didn't need to get the job, but which was great to see). But what really made her stand out was her communication and customer service skills. She has the unique ability to make tech support an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
Plus, it doesn't hurt that she regularly brings homemade cinnamon-donuts for the whole office to share.
This is Lisa. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Lisa, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analysts for our desktop computers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Manage IT systems for all corporate users including computers, mobile devices, telephony (including cellular), and peripherals.
- Provide desk side technical support to users for escalated issues.
- Maintain the corporate hardware infrastructure, including asset management and asset disposal.
- Partner with vendors and finance in the procurement and receiving of products, through purchase orders creation and invoice reconciliation.
- Complete documentation as per systems standards including change control, capacity planning, and performance management.
- Partner with merchandising business units and vendors for successful completion of office moves and small project rollouts.
- Document project status meeting minutes for all project and office moves.
- Ensure adherence to all PCI standards, controls and legalities through constant re-engineering of security protocols via TJX Legal.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or a related technical discipline.
- You have working knowledge of desktop operating systems including Windows 7.
- You are experienced in Helpdesk ticketing programs (Service Center, ServiceNow, Remedy, Heat).
- You have organizational and time management skills including the ability to multitask in the workplace, and you adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- Your communication skills include verbal and written (ability to produce technical documentation).
- You have strong customer service skills including effectively and efficiently responding to associate inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Associates and vendors; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office, including skills with word processing and spreadsheets.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.