Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As TJX Canada's Social Media Marketing Coordinator, Savannah is responsible for executing the social media strategy for all TJX Canada brands. She also keeps abreast of industry and competitive trends in the social media space, and executes the strategies that support brand programs, reaffirm brand identities, and grow our social-media communities.
As the online business culture seems to grow by the second, Savannah is here to help us stay very competitive along the way. She's a part-time sociologist and a part-time fashionista. She's equally interested in the evolution of social media trends and fashion trends. Her understanding of how people interact on their computers, tablets and mobiles helps us deliver a great experience for our fans and customers each and every day.
This is Savannah's story. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we'll do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Savannah, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as our Social Media Marketing Coordinator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Partner with the Social Media Manager to execute social-media programming for the Winners, HomeSense, and Marshall brands across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
- Liaise with the Brand teams and other internal stakeholders (ex. Customer Service, PR, Community Relations, HR, and Systems) to provide social media support to meet business objectives.
- Support the Social Media Manager in editorial calendar development and asset gathering while implementing engagement and acquisition best practices.
- Monitor online conversations and user-generated content, while responding in a timely manner to user needs and requests.
- Track the competitive landscape, remaining up to date on all developments in the social media space.
- Measure and report social media program results.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have earned a post secondary degree in Marketing or Communications.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in social media marketing and community management.
- You maintain an active presence within some social communities.
- You possess an understanding of traditional marketing strategies.
- You have great computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- You understand social communities from a design, functionality and user perspective.
- You have knowledge of the Canadian marketplace and Canadian online behavior, including regional segments (Quebec, East, West).
- You have experience working with HMTL/FBML, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and online video/audio editing.
- You possess exceptional copywriting skills with experience in writing for online communities.
- You have an appreciation of the importance of user experience in online marketing.
- You have strong organizational, time-management, presentation, interpersonal, collaborative, multitasking, and communication skills.
- You interact well with various levels of an organization, while providing valuable recommendations as needed.
- Your bilingualism is a huge asset to our organization.
- You are willing to work non-standard business hours.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.